Christof Schöch (born in 1977), postdoctoral research and teaching assistant in French Literature, University of Kassel, Germany.
I studied Romance languages, English and Psychology in Freiburg (Germany) and Tours (France). My master's thesis was on François Bon (cf. www.tierslivre.net). Since 2004, I have been employed by the Department of Romance Languages and Literatures at Kassel University (Germany), first as a research assistant, then as a postdoctoral researcher in French Literature. I obtained my PhD in 2008 with a study of L'écriture descriptive dans le roman français de la seconde moitié du dix-huitième siècle (binational programme Kassel / Paris-IV). The thesis was awarded the Prix Germaine de Stael 2010. I am a correspondent for fabula.org (www.fabula.org) and Romanistik.de (www.romanistik.de). I am currently working on an electronic edition of Bérardier de Batauts Essai sur le récit (www.berardier.org).
Domains of academic interest
* The novel of the Age of Enlightenment, the poetics of description, narration and description
* Time and temporality in a transmedial perspective
* Contemporary French crime fiction
* Cinema analysis and cinematographic writing, the European independent cinema
* Digital Humanities, electronic scholarly editing, e-learning in higher education
This user hasn't posted any content yet.