YALSA’s Virtual Town Halls
As a part of the YALSA (Young Adult Library Services Association) year-long IMLS funded National Forum on Libraries & Teens project, the association is sponsoring three town halls. The virtual events, all will take place in YALSA’s Adobe Connect space, are scheduled for 2 to 3PM Eastern on:
- March 19: Library Partnerships
- April 16
- May 21
Each session will focus on a specific theme and participants, that will include library staff and stakeholders from a variety of communities, will have the chance to help YALSA understand what teen library services will (and should) look like in the future.
The first session on March 19 will focus on partnerships. Library staff are encouraged to invite stakeholders from their community to join the conversation which will focus on these questions:
- Why are partnerships are important to library teen services?
- What are the opportunities for library staff and stakeholders to support teens through partnerships?
- What do successful partnerships look like?
- What is required of libraries and stakeholders to move forward in partnerships in order to serve teens into the future?
Those interested in participating may want to prepare by reading a couple of articles on partnerships.
As a part of the virtual town halls we’ll also be using Twitter and Facebook to keep the conversation going. Stay tuned for more information on those aspects of the project.