The overall goal of this position is to oversee the concept development of a new online service that aggregates science, technology, engineering and math and content for kids (STEM), and offers an appealing interface for users, enhanced with games, interactive educational experiences and social networking.
Major functions of this position include:
PRODUCT / SERVICE
· Works to ensure that products/services are of the highest quality, delivered in a timely manner, and meet client expectations.
· Contributes to corporate productivity regularly by increasing expertise and efficiency.
· Develops and maintains relationships with potential partners and advisors.
· Works in concert with tpt's interactive media team
· Works in collaboration with the Director of Science Production to direct the development of a new online science portal (website) for children.
· Responsible for the creation of a detailed proposal for the new portal, with which tpt will seek funding to fully develop and launch the site.
· Identifies web firms that may be appropriate for further development of the website.
· Responsible for developing aggregation strategies, identifying social networking tools and prioritizing website components that will maximize the site's appeal to children and its educational effectiveness.
· Collaborates with stakeholders in science education and public media, including PBS.
· Ensures that the vision for the portal is aligned with current curriculum standards in science for the target age range of upper grade-school and middle school children.
· Develops strategic partnerships with potential content providers and building relationships among new media communities.
· Develops a business plan for the successful long-term deployment of the new web portal.
· Focus performance around the strategic plan by mentoring and motivating staff to develop a corporate culture that lives the mission and drives results. Encourage and train staff to increase productivity and value of service.
· Present highly professional image of tpt to all stakeholders, through verbal and written interactions.
· Facilitate and participate in the flow of creative, technical, and education information to all parties involved in the development of the website plan.
· Works to assure the financial goals are achieved.
· TPT’s values are understood, communicated, and lived daily in our work.
Desired Skills and Abilities
The desired qualities and attributes that this new Children’s Website Development Producer will possess to achieve maximum results are:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communication or business relation field. A combination of education and successful work history in this area may be considered.
· 3+ years of applicable website development and online social media experience desired.
· Experience with game development and/or educational web sites also desired.
· Ability to work independently within guidelines, be organized, establish priorities and manage time effectively.
· Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and to work within strict time constraints.
· Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skill.
· The ability to work independently and motivate self to achieve success.
· Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
· Exceptional detail orientation with specific attention to accuracy and quality service.
· Proven ability and success in process improvement and innovation.
· Proven project and/or process management skills.
· The ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external constituents in a friendly and professional manner.
· Be a self-starter and motivate self to achieve success.
Union Position: No
Funding: Fund 12
Employment Status: Full Time Temporary
Reference: Box Number 711-11
Please refer external applicants to our Career Center at http://www.tpt.org/?a=about#jobs
“Enrich lives and strengthen our community through the power of media”
An Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP