Registration for the 2017 Digital Media and Composition (DMAC) Institute is open until February 15, or until all available seats have been filled. This year’s institute will be organized in particular around themes of digital activism. The application deadline for the newly developed Cindy and Dickie Selfe DMAC Fellowship is February 8. See below and our website (www.dmacinstitute.com) for more information on the 2017 institute.
The Digital Media and Composition Institute (DMAC) at The Ohio State University is a week-long institute on the effective use of digital media in college composition classrooms. Participants will explore a range of contemporary digital literacy practices – alphabetic, visual, audio, and multimodal – and apply what they learn to the design of meaningful assignments, syllabi, curricula, and programs. Our upcoming institute features:
- World-class faculty that includes Scott Lloyd DeWitt, Christa Teston, Margaret Price, Kay Halasek, Ben McCorkle, Jonathan Buehl, and Lauren Squires.
- Workshops emphasizing production in multimodal writing; curriculum development and assessment; and access and accessibility.
- Discussions and resources on action, activism, and social justice in digital contexts.
- Partnership with Innovate, a one-day conference on the campus of Ohio State that explores “recent advancements, best practices, and provocative theories on teaching and learning with technology.” DMAC participants can register to attend at no cost. https://innovateu.osu.edu/
- A commitment to keeping DMAC affordable and accessible, including reduced tuition fees, a compressed schedule, and lower hotel costs.
- The newly developed Cindy and Dickie Selfe Fellowship that celebrates our commitment to increasing the diversity of students, teachers, and scholars in the field of digital media and composition studies, making it possible for individuals to attend DMAC who could not otherwise participate.
The registration deadline for DMAC 2017 is February 15 or until all seats have been filled. For more information about registering for DMAC: http://www.dmacinstitute.com/register/