The program in New Media Communications at Oregon State University is seeking to hire a tenure track assistant professor with specialization in social media.
Position Title: Assistant Professor - Social Media
Appointment Type: Academic Teaching/Research Faculty, Tenure Track
Position Summary: The New Media Communications program in the proposed School of Arts and Communication invites applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE), 9-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor in Social Media. Secondary emphasis in one or more of the following areas: new media, media management and economics, media history, non-linear storytelling and gaming. Teaching and research activities should pertain to social media and one or more of these secondary areas.
Minimum/Required Qualifications: Ph.D. in Communication or relevant field. (Ph.D. must be in-hand by position start date). Demonstrated experience and excellence in teaching courses in communication, social media, new media, and/or secondary areas. Record of scholarly achievement or scholarly promise in a program of research. Record of commitment to service to the department, college and community and to the establishment of a community of scholars/teachers. Ability to work with faculty and students in an interdisciplinary/collaborative environment.
Preferred Qualifications: Educational emphasis in one of the following secondary areas of expertise: new media, media management and economics, media history, non-linear storytelling and gaming. Prior experience in an academic appointment or related professional field. A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. OSU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
For full consideration, applications must be submitted online at jobs.oregonstate.edu by February 24, 2012.
When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
1. Letter of application indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
2. Current, comprehensive curriculum vita.
3. Professional statement that includes teaching and research philosophy (upload as "Other Document").
4. Three confidential letters of recommendation. Note: These must be sent directly to the department address listed below.
Bill Loges, Search Committee Chair Oregon State University New Media Communications 403 Strand Ag. Hall Corvallis, OR 97331
5. Graduate transcripts must be submitted for all required and/or related courses. All courses must be from accredited colleges, universities, or private vocational schools. The online application system will allow you to attach your transcripts if the PDF file is 5MB or less. If over 5MB in size, submit to the contact person listed. Transcripts must be received by the closing date.
6. Evidence of excellence in teaching such as teaching evaluation summaries for both lower division and upper division courses, and if available, graduate courses (upload as "Other Document 2").
7. Scholarly writing sample (e.g., published essay, convention paper)(Upload as "Other Document 3").
For additional information please contact: Bill Loges, 541-737-4580 or email@example.com
, New Media Communications 403 Strand Ag. Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331