- Topic:The Center for Digital Humanities at Princeton University is hiring a contract Web/Graphics Designer to work on the Princeton and Slavery Digital Archive. Position to begin immediately. The Princeton and Slavery digital archive and research environment will invite users to explore the impact and...United States
- Sport: Spaces, Places, Money and Politics The Sport Project: Probing the Boundaries: 5th Global Meeting Call for Presentations 2016 Tuesday 13th September – Thursday 15th September 2016 Mansfield College, Oxford, United Kingdom Sport is a key space for controversies and issues over access, control...United KingdomOxford
Toward a Gender-Inclusive Internet: Strategies to Counter Harassment, Revenge Porn, Threats, and Online AbusePanel Discussion: Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 4:10 pm - 5:30 pm Live Streaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hkOZsNZBWgg In Person: UC Berkeley, 202 South Hall Full details - UC Berkely site: http://www.ischool.berkeley.edu/newsandevents/events/2016-04-27-gender-i.....
- Founding High School Chemistry Teacher - 2016-17 SY Who we are looking for We're excited about high school teachers who get fired up about learning - who want to spend their time discussing, preparing, and immersing themselves in the content they're about to teach. We're passionate about teachers...Brooklyn, NY 11212United States
- Casa Italiana Zerilli-Marimò New York University Presented as part of The Literary Mews - a festival within the PEN World Voices Festival Kairos Italy Theater (Casa Italiana Theater Company in Residence) presents: Characters in Search of a Country Based on Six Characters in Search of an Author by...24 West 12th StreetNew York, NY 10011United States
- I am teaching an Electronic Literature workshop in Winona, MN. My two goals are to help develop a regional network of scholars interested in teaching, studying, creating, and preserving electronic literature and to develop resources for digital humanities that can serve teachers in the state. From...Winona, MNUnited States
- Call for Participants: 2016 ACS Symposium on Teaching Writing with Wikipedia You are cordially invited to submit an application for "Integrating Wikipedia in Writing-Intensive Courses at ACS Colleges." This three-day symposium, which has been generously funded by the Associated Colleges of the...Atlanta, GA 30314United States
- This one day symposium focuses on the value of social media for learning within creative arts and design higher education, while also drawing on innovative and effective practices from across the disciplines. Who should attend? This event is open to tutors, lecturers, technicians, study support...London College of FashionJohn Princes StreetUnited KingdomLondonW1G 0BJ
- This Friday and Saturday at NYU Cinema Studies, don’t miss the Transformations I: Cinema & Media Studies Research Meets Digital Humanities Tools conference. The transformative potential of the amalgamation of Digital Humanities methods and Cinema and Media Studies research is the inspiration...Cinema Studies dept., Tisch School of the Arts721 BroadwayNew York, NY 10012United States
- The Z. Smith Reynolds Library in partnership with the Wake Forest University Humanities Institute seeks a creative, forward-thinking scholar for the new position of Digital Humanities Research Designer. The Digital Humanities Research Designer will be familiar with a range of technologies and have...Z. Smith Reynolds LibraryWake Forest UniversityWinston-Salem, NC 27109United States
- In disability studies, “cripping” is both an embraced and contested practice that describes the processes involved in resisting “compulsory able-bodiness” (McRuer 2006). To “crip” a concept or space involves a decentering of the able bodymind (Price 2011), the normative structures of time (Kafer...
- Apply Now! Application Deadline May 10th for the 1st workshop The Digital Native American Studies Project proposes to offer three three-day workshops that will educate participants on issues of digital humanities research and methodology in the context of Native American Studies. Native American...United States
- The Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities (MITH) at the University of Maryland seeks an Assistant Director for Innovation and Learning to play a leadership role in managing MITH’s growing portfolio of courses and instructional programs. The successful candidate will report to MITH’s...0301 Hornbake Library, 4130 Campus DriveUniversity of MarylandCollege Park, MD 20742United States
- http://digital.humanities.ox.ac.uk/dhoxss/2016/workshops/dhcuration Are you... planning a digital humanities project? interested in learning more about data curation and cleaning? responsible for managing digital humanities data for a range of uses? Humanities Data: A Hands-On Approach This...United Kingdom
- Please share widely and consider applying for this position as a Visiting Assistant Professor of Emerging Media and Communication. http://provost.utdallas.edu/facultyjobs/welcome/jobdetail/pxf160401United States
- #teach4justice | #fight4edu Join us in a twitter chat about "Teaching as Social Justice": how teaching can address the unequal distribution of resources, wealth, privilege, and opportunity along axes of race, gender, sexual orientation, and ability. The twitter chat will be moderated by Simone...
- Canada International Conference on Education (CICE-2016) June 27-30, 2016 University of Toronto Mississauga Canada http://www.ciceducation.org The CICE is an international refereed conference dedicated to the advancement of the theory and practices in education. The CICE promotes collaborative...University of Toronto MississaugaMississauga, ONCanada
- THATCamp CNY 2016 Saturday and Sunday April 9-10, 2016 Olin Library, Cornell University Do you use technology for teaching and/or research? Would you like to learn more about available tools and discuss different approaches? If so, come along to the 2016 Central New York THATCamp in Olin Library on...Olin LibraryCornell UniversityIthaca, NY 14853United States
- The Crowd Lab at Virginia Tech is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Postdoctoral Associate to conduct cutting-edge research in the general area of crowdsourced data analysis, sensemaking, and investigation. The postdoc will work closely with Dr. Kurt Luther , Assistant Professor of Computer...Blacksburg, VA 24060United States