Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 3 months (possible extension)
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
The Talent and Culture team of the Wikimedia Foundation is looking for an individual interested in assisting the Foundation through current Diversity and Inclusion projects. This position will be based in San Francisco and will report to the Principle People Relations and Inclusion Lead.
We would like to do these things
You will work closely with the Talent and Culture department and assist with the execution of our diversity and inclusion efforts. In this role you will perform the following:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and conduct research to help design a D&I program related to attraction, retention and/or recognition
- Cultivate relationships with external organizations to develop partnerships and further integration into the D&I ecosystem
- Research and coordinate programming for speakers series, employee resource groups and other internal stakeholders
- Administrative support for D&I assessments, programming and execution of recommendations
- Additional tasks as required
We would like you to have these skills
- Project management experience
- Proficient with programs such as Google Suite and data tracking systems, with demonstrated ability to learn new software/systems quickly
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills - storytellers are encouraged to apply
- Strong time management skills, ability to prioritize assignments and take initiative to offer suggestions and potential solutions to challenges
Bonus if you have these skills
- Community organizing and leadership
- Branding, marketing and/or communications experience
- Survey and data analysis experience
- Good sense of humor
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that supports Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.