Thursday, October 22 | 1 PM to 2 PM | http://bit.ly/FuturesED-live | #fight4edu
WHERE: The Graduate Center, 365 Fifth Avenue
WHEN: Thursday, October 22, 1:00 PM-2:00 PM
CONTACT INFO: futuresinitiative [at] gc.cuny.edu; (212) 817-7201
Join us at the Graduate Center on October 22 from 1-2 PM in room 9205 for an open, livestreamed workshop.
This discussion is the third in the The University Worth Fighting For, a series of workshops that tie student-centered, engaged pedagogical practices to institutional change, race, equality, gender, and social justice.
To help build momentum and to provide a place to discuss related theory and research in greater depth, we also invite you to join this student-led reading group on HASTAC. The discussion group will remain open for three weeks following the workshop. Collaborate in an open Google Document where anyone can add notes and questions during the session: http://bit.ly/fight4edu-humanities.
In anticipation of a major Mellon-funded initiative connecting the Futures Initiative, the GC Teaching and Learning Center, and LaGuardia Community College, the session will be convened by:
- Cathy N. Davidson, Director, The Futures Initiative and Co-Director, The Humanities Teaching and Learning Alliance, supported by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- Eduardo Vianna, Professor, Psychology, LaGuardia Community College and one of our Futures Initiative Faculty Fellows
- Mike Rifino, doctoral student, Human Development, and Futures Initiative Graduate Fellow;
- Vanessa Bing, Professor, Psychology, LaGuardia Community College
We are delighted to welcome several special guests from LaGuardia Community College as well:
- Demetrios Kapetanakos, Assistant Professor, English
- Dahlia Elsayed, Associate Professor, Fine Arts
- Jade E. Davis, Associate Director of Digital Learning Projects
Welcome, all! The Futures Initiative is thrilled to partner with LaGuardia on this important project.