The Department of Communication Studies at the University of North Texas announces its annual student conference to be held February 21-22, 2014. The student conference theme “New Voices, New Perspectives” highlights the interdisciplinary approach of the conference. The scope of this conference is broad and may encompass a variety of areas including organizational communication, group communication, interpersonal communication, communication technology, media and society, rhetoric, performance, health communication, and pedagogy. Monetary awards are presented for top undergraduate and top graduate research.
The conference has grown exponentially over the past 6 years. In 2013, 80 graduate and undergraduate students, representing 18 colleges and universities presented their research at the UNT conference.
* Complete papers should include a 50-75 word abstract.
* Panel submissions should include panel title, abstract, rationale, and detailed abstracts for proposed papers.
* Please indicate in the submission which research track your individual paper or the panel addresses whether rhetoric, organizational/group/interpersonal, technology/media/society, or performance studies.
* The title page should not include any author references. Please remove all author references in the text of the paper.
* In e-mail please provide name(s), email address(es) and phone number(s) of the author(s). The email should also indicate if it is an undergraduate or graduate submission.
All paper/panel submissions should be emailed as a MICROSOFT WORD attachment with the file named as the running head of the paper, submitted to: Dr. Iftekhar Ahmed (Iftekhar.email@example.com). Papers and Panel Proposals must be received by January 20, 2014.