Position: Social Media Manager (Full-Time)
Compensation: 50K-55K, superb benefits including health and dental, transportation stipend, flexible hours
Reports to: Director, Marketing & Communications
Location: New York City (preferred), other locations will be considered
Application Deadline: April 18, 2014
Tentative Start Date: May 19, 2014
Organization & Position Summary:
Race Forward: The Center for Racial Justice Innovation is a national racial justice organization with offices located in New York, NY and Oakland, California. Founded in 1981, Race Forward takes an accessible, solutions-focused approach to race and a variety of issues. Our biggest media product is Colorlines, a daily news site where race matters. We also present a biennial conference, Facing Race, which is devoted to racial-justice movement making, and alliance building.
The Social Media Manager will be a part of the Marketing and Communications team, reporting to the director, and will work closely with the broader staff to promote Race Forward, Colorlines, and Facing Race through social media, email marketing, and organizational websites. The Social Media Manager should have 4-6 years of experience in social media marketing and email campaigns. The incumbent will also be responsible for setting up internal systems to track and analyze the success of social media and email marketing efforts. Ideally, the person will be located in our New York office. For the right candidate there may be an opportunity to work remotely.
- Serve as organizational social media expert, developing and coordinating organizational social media engagement strategies across Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.
- Develop social media strategies that raise the profile of the Race Forward brand and link the brand to its sub-brands of Colorlines and Facing Race.
- Execute an email communication strategy to Race Forward’s multiple email lists, and identify ways to expand the lists.
- Implement and manage a tracking system for marketing analytics that evaluate our marketing efforts.
- Periodically update the Race Forward website (www.raceforward.org) including content and graphical elements.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience building a brand and connecting with users via social media.
- Demonstrated understanding of creating impactful social media engagement strategy.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial justice and experience working in a multiracial organization.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Proficiency with marketing analytics and experience developing systems for their use.
- Familiarity with marketing concepts and strategy.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Fluency in Spanish
- Familiarity with basic web design and HTML.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and/or MailChimp
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references, and two samples of a social media campaign that you have developed (attachments or links) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use: “Candidate - Social Media Manager” as the subject of your email. Race Forward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.