Unit: State University of New York Center for Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL Center)
Position: Program and Operations Coordinator
Location: SUNY COIL Center, 42nd Street, New York, NY
Start Date: February, 2015
Who We Are: The COIL Center is a leader in the emerging field of collaborative online international learning, a teaching and learning methodology that fosters exchange between faculty and students with peers abroad through Internet-based communication tools. The COIL Center has created a model for supporting professors to develop co-taught multi-cultural learning environments which emphasize experiential collaborative learning between students in two or more countries. The classes may be fully online or taught in blended formats with face-to-face sessions at both schools, while collaborative student work takes place online.
Who We Seek:
The Program and Operations Coordinator will contribute to the success of COIL Center projects by providing administrative and operational support. In particular this individual will serve as supporting administrator for the COIL Center’s new international consultancy projects. They will also manage administrative aspects of projects, events, and activities connected to our Nodal Network of SUNY campuses and parallel Global Partner Network of international institutions. Additionally they will assist with planning and administration of the COIL Center’s annual international conference. They will contribute to the COIL Center’s role in the Open SUNY initiative, as well as to community building, to content and resources available on the COIL Center websites, and development of pedagogical best practices related to collaborative online international learning.
- At least two years working in education, preferably in supporting faculty and/or teaching and learning in a higher education context
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and project-management skills with ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Direct knowledge of international education and cross-cultural exchange
- Background using technology and Web 2.0 applications in an educational context
- Willingness to travel both within New York and abroad as needed
- Knowledge of instructional design concepts and learning management systems (e.g. Blackboard, Angel, Moodle, etc.) and experience assisting faculty in their use
- Experience living, studying, and/or working abroad, as well as ability to speak at least two languages
- Academic conference or event planning experience
- Research and/or grant writing experience
Key Responsibilities will include:
Nodal Network (NN) and Global Partner Network (GPN) Responsibilities:
- Maintain ongoing correspondence with NN and GPN Campus Coordinators and other stakeholders
- Facilitate communication and exchange among NN and GPN members on the COIL Center websites
- Organization of online and in-person meetings, and visits to potential/existing NN and GPN campuses
- Coordinate travel-related aspects of COIL Academy and other professional development events
- Assist with training and support of faculty/staff as they develop COIL courses and programs
- Support development, administration, and operations of COIL Center projects at SUNY and abroad
- Planning and administration of the COIL Center’s annual conference
- Help create COIL Center marketing materials (e.g. brochures, website content, etc.)
- Contribute to content, resources and community building activities on our website and other venues
- Work with the COIL Center’s Director to coordinate various international consultancy projects
Salary:Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits
*Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference job number 1415INTLPGM02. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. More details on careers at the Research Foundation for SUNY can be found at http://www.rfsuny.org/About-Us/Careers/.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status.