This position will focus on CUNY’s instance of Manifold, an open-source publishing platform that faculty use to share OER, and it will have a secondary focus on the CUNY Academic Commons, an academic social network used by many CUNY faculty to teach their courses. The Open Educational Technology Specialist will support faculty and staff from across CUNY who are doing OER-related work on these platforms.
The Open Educational Technology Specialist (OET) will work closely with another OET hired in the Teaching and Learning Center last year and will report to the Director of the Graduate Center’s Digital Initiatives. The position is funded for two (2) years.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, other duties include but are not limited to:
- Visits CUNY campuses to run workshops and consults on strategies for open teaching with OER on Manifold.
- Creates documentation and quick guides for the Manifold platform.
- Consults with teachers and publishers using Manifold to create OERs.
- Serves as an active member of the Manifold and CUNY Academic Commons teams and interfaces frequently with development teams as Manifold and the CUNY Academic Commons develop new features to support OER work.
- Collaborates with GC partner programs on educational technology projects.
- Collaborates with the OER Open Educational Technologist based in the Graduate Center’s Teaching and Learning Center.
- Compiles data and writes reports on OER activities on GC-maintained platforms.
- Presents at conferences and workshops across CUNY and beyond about Manifold and the CUNY Academic Commons.
- Attends regular meetings with GCDI and TLC teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The deadline for applications is December 3, 2019, with a start date as soon as possible. To apply, please visit the job posting on the CUNY Jobs Website.