Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York and Cambridge, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that your peers will love.
As an Associate Technical Editor, you will act as a partner and coach to writers creating technical articles. These articles cover managing Linux infrastructure and servers and installing and configuring software. Working through our Write for DOnations program (do.co/w4do), you will be building relationships with the various external authors who want to get published on DigitalOcean and editing their work.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who is passionate about writing, editing, coaching, learning, and teaching others. We are seeking someone who is interested in learning more about Linux and system infrastructure. This position would allow a candidate to explore and develop their system administration skills by taking a hands on approach to a variety of open source projects. You do not need to know Linux to apply for this role. A strong interest in learning new technology is required!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Assisting with maintenance of the current DigitalOcean library: updating older articles, adding additional information to current articles, etc
- Assisting with copywriting and sourcing tasks to ensure the best possible editorial experience for applicants
- Researching to establish a working knowledge of each topic
- Providing technical and editorial feedback to external writers
- Participating in Community initiatives (feature launch prep work, strategic tasks, etc.)
- Assisting other teams with documentation and non-documentation tasks
- Learning about system administration, devops concepts, and development. An interest in technical growth is a must!
What We'll Expect From You:
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to research new and unfamiliar subjects
- Strong teaching ability
- Demonstrated experience in learning new technology quickly
- Previous editorial experience
- Previous copywriting, content writing, or blogging experience
- Strong interest in learning about server web application setup, deployment, and overall Linux server administration
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.