Associate Director of ePortfolio and Digital Learning
Center for Teaching and Learning, LaGuardia Community College Full-Time, Regular
Full information and application materials are available at: https://cuny.jobs/queens-ny/associate-director-of-eportfolio-and-digital-learning-center-for-teaching-and-learning/0DB8BA16F75644B68C8D56DCFE57B495/job/
LaGuardia Community College, located in Long Island City, Queens, educates more than 50,000 New Yorkers annually through degree, certificate, and continuing education programs. Our guiding principle Dare To Do More reflects our belief in the transformative power of education—not just for individuals, but for our community and our country—creating pathways for achievement and safeguarding the middle class. LaGuardia is a national voice on behalf of community colleges, where half of all US college students study. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), the College reflects the legacy of our namesake, Fiorello H. LaGuardia, the former NYC mayor beloved for his championing the underserved. Since our doors opened in 1971, our programs regularly become national models for pushing boundaries to give people of all backgrounds access to a high quality, affordable college education. We invite you to join us in imagining what our students, our community, and our country can become. Visit www.LaGuardia.edu to learn more.
LaGuardia Community College seeks a knowledgeable, experienced individual to contribute to strengthening online learning and analytics. Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs and Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL), the Associate Director will help to build pedagogy-focused professional development for faculty engaged with online learning, assist with coordination of College-wide academic projects, and contribute to LaGuardia's developing focus on learner-centered data analytics drawn from online systems. LaGuardia embraces a holistic vision of digitally-enabled learning, multiple platforms, work across institutional divisions and have embarked on the use of systems-level data to support student success and inform strategies for improvement. The College is implementing a new "Digital Communication" requirement across the curriculum that offers a growing roster of hybrid courses, and has built a vibrant, nationally recognized ePortfolio program with application to pedagogy, assessment, co-curricular activities, and academic advisement. The Associate Director will join a robust, active office dedicated to building students' capacities in a digitally connected world. LaGuardia is committed to strengthening an evidence-based ethos of learning embodied in a commitment to professional development for faculty and staff across the College.
Specifically, the Associate Director will:
- Manage the design and delivery of professional development programming focused on pedagogically-sound digital learning, including high-quality ePortfolio integration into courses and programs;
- Collaborate with CTL senior staff, faculty and partners from across the College to build expertise in the application of system-level data analytics to student success measurements;
- Provide leadership in collaborative efforts with CTL senior staff and faculty leaders to design strategies for implementing the Digital Communication ability into all academic programs;
- Consult with faculty on the application of online tools to strengthen course design and pedagogy;
- Assist the Center Director with planning and design of initiatives related to the College's strategic plan;
- Assist the Center Director and other administrators with development and submission of grant proposals and reports, with a special focus on digital learning tools;
- Manage coordination of CTL support for online learning systems, including (but not limited to) Blackboard and Digication (LaGuardia's ePortfolio provider);
- Manage professional and part-time staff and peer mentors.
Bachelors' degree and six years' related experience required.
- Work experience in post-secondary education environments; teaching experience a plus;
- Master's degree preferred;
- Strong experience utilizing online learning systems a plus;
- Familiarity with ePortfolio platforms and pedagogy a plus;
- Experience in planning and assisting with professional development programming preferred;
- Demonstrated record of successful commitment to team- and project-based work;
- Knowledge of and experience with evaluation and data analysis a plus;
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse communities and populations;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports faculty development activities related to the delivery of high-quality instructional services.
- Plans and implements workshops, seminars, colloquia, and other events for full- and part-time faculty to enhance skills and provide enrichment in support of improved educational results
- Compiles data and reports on faculty activities and outcomes
- Creates and maintains handbooks, instructions, web sites, and other materials to support faculty activities
- Consults with faculty on a variety of issues including instructional design, general orientation, use of technology, preparing meaningful course materials, grant-writing, and collaboration with other institutions
- May supervise professional and administrative staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
April 12, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.