Apply now, open until filled!
Application available via https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_mit/external/jobDetails/jobDetail.html?jobPostId=14462&localeCode=en-us
Provide direction, technical expertise, and team leadership to the MIT School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences Programs in Digital Humanities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
The successful candidate will be a key resource in developing the digital humanities at MIT. While working independently, the candidate will develop these resources in close consultation with Faculty Director.
Other duties as needed or required.
The Faculty Director will meet weekly with the Digital Humanities Senior Research Scientist to ensure that lab projects remain track for publications and release.
In conjunction with Digital Humanities Administrative Assistant II helps to reconcile hours submitted by undergraduate researchers (UROPs) with actual contributions made.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years’ experience programming across a variety of platforms (time spent in computational graduate education may count towards this qualification)
- Extensive knowledge of Python
- Full-stack development experience (OS setup, server configuration, database, web back- and front-end)
- Minimum 1 year experience in team leadership or formal teaching
- Strong interpersonal skills and writing/speaking skills
- Energized by working with and teaching bright students
- Masters’ degree in computer science or related field
- Experience in the humanities (or digital humanities) demonstrated by a college concentration, minor, major, or independent work
- Successfully released and maintained at least one open source project
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Application Materials Required:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae