Social Text seeks a contract/freelance Web Editorial Assistant to facilitate updating the Social Text website
with content from its print journal, Periscope dossiers, and other online articles.
Responsibilities will include:
- Corresponding with authors, Social Text editors, and Periscope dossier editors to prepare posts to the website;
- Working with the web editor and managing editor to develop production timelines for online material;
- Formatting and lightly copyediting web essays before they are published;
- Locating and editing images to fit website specifications and social media sharing;
- Uploading content (articles, events, abstracts, etc.); and
- Publicizing Social Text through Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
The selected candidate will also contribute vitally to a redesign project by working with the journal’s editors to update site content and promote discoverability of Social Text’s ten-year online archive of scholarship at the forefront of cultural theory and politics.
We seek applicants with experience in Word, Photoshop, WordPress and/or social media platforms, and who have the ability to manage deadlines and communicate effectively over email. The ideal candidate will be interested in emergent trends in academic and digital publishing, will be comfortable working in a variety of online formats, and will be familiar with the kind of scholarship produced by Social Text.
This paid position involves about 5-10 hours of work per week and can be performed from home. Interested applicants should send a cover letter addressed to the Editors of Social Text with a recent CV and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
by December 8th, 2014.