HASTAC is looking for a Program Coordinator.
Please forward to anyone who might be interested or apply yourself via
the Requisition Number below.
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Requisition Number: 400303348 (to apply, visit hr.duke.edu and search by Requisition #)
Location: Duke University, Durham, NC
Closing date: Please submit all resumes by June 10, 2009.
This position is 40 hours a week (including full benefits) and is fully funded until June 30, 2011 and may be extended beyond that time contingent on grant funding opportunities and/or partnership opportunities with other units within Duke University.
(1) Manage and maintain all budgets, files, correspondence, grants, calendar, appointments, travel arrangements, agendas, meetings, weekly conference calls, compliance rules, and special requests for Frankiln Humanities Institute (FHI) Professor and HASTAC co-founder
(2) Answer promptly and professionally all inquiries about organization and the Digital Media and Learning Competition (http://www.dmlcompetition.net); make referrals, answer calls and e-mails for FHI Professor, HASTAC, and the Digital Media and Learning Competition
(3) Master all university financial and grant reporting systems; maintain budgets for FHI Professor, HASTAC, Digital Media and Learning Competition, and any additional grants in compliance with sponsors' requirements
(4) Plan events, coordinate activities, and maintain budgets for major public, university, and HASTAC events, both at Duke and off-site with partnering institutions and sponsors
(5) Act as team communicator and networker for 11 member Digital Media and Learning Competition grant team, providing organizational, communications, and administrative support to Digital Media and Learning Competition Senior Program Coordinator and team; co-author periodic financial and narrative reports to sponsoring institutions
(6) Author and edit correspondence for FHI Professor, proofread and correct articles, blog entries, book chapters; follow up on correspondence as requested
(7) Consult with grant applicants and all others in person, by phone and e-mail; establish and implement communication system for project participants
(8) Initiate plans for both live and online (webcast, podcast, and other forms of new media broadcasts) events, add and moderate information to website and online newsletter
(9) Consult with HASTAC and Digital Media and Learning Competition grant team, including national and international competition winners, to develop and implement projects, secure travel, and resolve infrastructure, communication, and grant management issues
(10) Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally
acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
? At least 1 year experience in administrative support, with significant budget oversight/accounting responsibilities is required; 3 years or more strongly preferred.
Job Skills Required:
Strong writing and communication skills
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Experience managing multiple budgets, account reconciliation, and reporting
High computer literacy (including mastery of MS Office suite applications)
Job Skills Preferred:
Mastery of Duke accounting systems and procedures, including SAP R/3, Works, BPS
Interest and experience in web 2.0 technologies and trends, specifically with regard to social networking, blogging, etc.
Postiion will include some travel (2-3 trips per year).
To apply, visit hr.duke.edu and search by Requisition #400303348.