[photo by Bruce Matsunaga, HASTAC 2016 Conference]
Request for Proposals to Host HASTAC 2020 or 2021 Conference
Timeline: Expressions of interest due by September 1; full proposals will be invited thereafter
Each year, HASTAC conferences are hosted by a different institution or teams of institutions, sometimes but not necessarily associated with members of the Steering Committee. We are currently inviting proposals to host HASTAC’s 12th international conference in 2020 or 2021.
Hosting institutions choose the specific topic and take responsibility for all onsite logistics, expenses, registration fees, conference planning, program topic and solicitations, and creations of a conference website. HASTAC’s central administration collaborates on shaping the conference (typically in biweekly calls), publicity, and social media communications (prior to and during the conference).
If you, your institution, or someone you know might be interested in hosting the HASTAC 2020-2021 conference, please contact Katina Rogers, HASTAC's Director of Programs and Administration, at krogers [at] gc.cuny.edu to begin a conversation about the possibility.
Following a preliminary inquiry and discussion, a full proposal may be invited.
The information included in the proposal should fully reflect your institutions’ capabilities, while staying true to HASTAC mission and being considerate of the existing HASTAC community. It is important to keep in mind that we hope this community continues to grow both in terms of numbers and diversity in all of its expressions.
The full proposal should include:
- Name, contact details and affiliation of the person(s) responsible for the proposal
- Expression of interest
- Conference theme
- Marketing plan
- Proposal review process and timeline
- Tentative planning schedule
- Hotel availability and costs
- Proposed conference registration fee and fee structure
In addition, you may wish to discuss items such as:
- How the location of the conference helps with the HASTAC goal of being more inclusive, international community, and how the conference will be of benefit to the local community
- Local institutions that might be able to provide various types of support, including details of what this support might be
- Local and regional activities and organizations that have missions similar to HASTAC
- If known, other conferences, celebrations, or other cultural events scheduled in your region for dates your are proposing
- Visa policy and process, and restrictions on any countries for the issuing of visas
- Cost and modes of transportation to get your location
Thank you for your interest in supporting the HASTAC community in this way!