You are cordially invited to participate in the webinar portion of "Integrating Wikipedia Into Writing-Intensive Courses."
This symposium has been generously funded by the Associated Colleges of the South (ACS) and will be hosted on-site at Spelman College. By making key parts of our symposium accessible to faculty anywhere with access to the Internet, we hope that we can strengthen writing pedagogy and critical digital literacy across disciplines and institutions.
Please join us for any, some, or all of the following free webinars, which take place for approximately one hour during the indicated EST scheduled times:
- Diversity and Wikipedia | 10:00 a.m.
- Wikipedia and Wiki Edu: The Basics with Jami Mathewson of the Wiki Edu Foundation) | 11:00 a.m.
- Deliberation about Wikipedia and Student Learning Outcomes | 1:15 p.m.
- Group Discussion about Developing Major and Minor Wikipedia Assignments | 4:30 p.m.
- Keynote and Q/A with Dr. Michel Aaij (Associate Professor of English-Auburn University and Wikipedian) | 10:30 a.m.
- Deliberation about Assessing Wikipedia Assignments | 1:15 p.m.
- Group Discussion about Hacking the Problem of Ethical Research Practices and the Grammar of Neutrality | 4:30 p.m.
Please don't hesitate to contact me (email@example.com) for additional information about this event, and feel free to circulate widely throughout your networks.
Thank you for your time and consideration!