- Topic:Feminist > Pedagogy, Technology, Transdisciplinarity April 8-10, 2016 University of Michigan, Ann Arbor Conference Description Wikistorming Feminist Mapping Exquisite Engendering Feminist Hacker/Maker Space FemTechNet Distributed Open Collaborative Conference (FTN DOCC) coordinators invite...
- UC Santa Cruz’s Digital Arts and New Media (DANM) MFA Program announces its call for applications for Fall 2016 with a new website, danmapply.ucsc.edu . The application deadline is January 5, 2016. This mobile-friendly site highlights the four collaborative research project groups central to the...DARC 204, UCSCUniversity of California, Santa CruzSanta Cruz, CA 95064United States
- International Seminar of the School of Media and Cultural Studies, TISS. January 7–9, 2016 The advent of the digital and growing access to the Internet in India, along with the availability of cheap devices such as mobile phones has brought about an explosion of user-mediated creativity across...India
How to Transform a Traditional Course with Student-Centered Learning: A Workshop for Anyone Teaching or Preparing to Teach at the University LevelHow to Transform a Traditional Course with Student-Centered Learning: A Workshop for Anyone Teaching or Preparing to Teach at the University Level with Professor Cathy N. Davidson Monday, December 7 | 5:30 - 7:00 pm The Garage, Franklin Humanities Institute Room C105, Bay 4, Smith Warehouse...The Garage, Franklin Humanities InstituteRoom C105, Bay 4, Smith Warehouse Building, 114 S Buchanan BlvdDurham, NC 27701United States
- The University of Central Florida seeks two assistant professors for research and teaching in digital media within the School of Visual Arts and Design. Appropriate specializations may include areas such as virtual/augmented/mixed reality, physical computing, wearable or ubiquitous computing,...
- Job Description The Missouri University of Science and Technology invites applications for the Maxwell C. Weiner Distinguished Professorship in English or Technical Communication. This is a one-semester, endowed position for the Spring 2017 semester. We seek candidates with expertise in Digital...MO 65401United States
- University of Maryland Synergies among Digital Humanities and African American History and Culture Open Rank Professor and Project Director The College of Arts and Humanities at the University of Maryland seeks a dynamic scholar at the rank of advanced assistant, associate, or full professor with a...College of Arts and Humanities1102 Francis Scott Key HallCollege Park, MD 20742United States
- Big news! Tuesday, November 17th is International Day of Badges thanks to the Open Badges in Higher Education team. Join three synchronous events featuring badge projects in Europe, North America, and Australia. Featured speakers will give a short presentation and then be available for questions...United States
- To commemorate the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare’s death and the beginning of his incredible legacy, this special teaching issue is devoted to all things Shakespeare—why we teach him, how we teach him, what primary sources we use, and some innovative pedagogy that helps our students connect with...
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE - THE DIGITAL SUBJECT: CODES NOVEMBER 16-20, 2015 ARCHIVES NATIONALES UNIVERSITÉ PARIS 8 VINCENNES SAINT-DENIS ECOLE NATIONALE SUPÉRIEURE DES ARTS DÉCORATIFS ORGANISED BY PIERRE CASSOU-NOGUÈS, CLAIRE LARSONNEUR, ARNAUD REGNAULD & SARA TOUIZA (EA 1569, EA 4008, LABEX...Université Paris VIII Vincennes Saint-Denis93526 Saint Denis CedexFrance
Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Annual Conference: Call for Proposals Due January 6, 2016The Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education Annual Conference is being held in London, Ontario on June 21-24, 2016, co-hosted by Western University and Fanshawe College. Proposals for the Conference and Pre-conference are now being accepted. The 2016 conference theme is Empowering...London, ONCanada
- I wanted to share the details for the international Gender & Geography Bibliography Hackathon, which will take place on Monday, November 16th through Sunday, November 22nd, during Geography Awareness Week. For the last five years, a team about 22 women from around the world to move the original...
- Slavery: Past, Present and Future 2nd Global Meeting Call for Participation 2016 Monday 2nd May – Wednesday 4th May 2016 Prague, Czech Republic Throughout history, slavery (the purchase and sale of human beings as chattel), enslavement (through conquest, and exploitation of indebtedness, among...PragueCzech Republic
- Queer(ing) Critical Issues 1st Global Meeting Call for Participation 2016 Monday 2nd May – Wednesday 4th May 2016 Prague, Czech Republic As a framework for thinking about and understanding the issues that inform daily life, queer theory offers a useful basis for questioning ‘conventional wisdom’...PragueCzech Republic
- RESEARCH & INSTRUCTION LIBRARIAN The Wardman Library at Whittier College seeks a Research & Instruction Librarian designs, develops and assesses the College’s information literacy program, including coordination of instruction for the first year writing program. Reports To: Library Director...Whittier, CA 90608United States
- Cars In/Of Culture: Mobility, Materiality, Representation Call for Participation 2016 1st Global Conference Sunday 8th May – Tuesday 10th May 2016 Prague, Czech Republic ”[A]part from our own deaths, the car crash is probably the most dramatic event in our lives, and in many cases the two will...PragueCzech Republic
- Social Media: Connected Cultures Call for Participation 2016 The Social Media Project: 1st Global Conference Sunday 8th May – Tuesday 10th May 2016 Prague, Czech Republic This inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary project seeks to start a dialogue about the global impact, development, role and...PragueCzech Republic
- Monstrous Geographies 5th Global Meeting Call for Presentations 2016 Wednesday 11th May – Friday 13th May 2016 Prague, Czech Republic What do ancient burial sites, haunted houses, post-apocalyptic landscapes, and even recent topographical manifestations of the Gaza conflict or the crash site of...PragueCzech Republic
- Testimony Memory, Trauma, Truth, Engagement The 3rd Global Meeting Call for Presentations Monday 2nd May – Wednesday 4th May 2015 Prague, Czech Republic The 3rd Global Conference on Testimony shines the spotlight on the role of (eco-)testimony and the act of testifying in the negotiation of issues...PragueCzech Republic