- Topic:We are pleased to announce the call for submissions for the UMPress/Sweetland Publication Prize in Digital Rhetoric. We encourage submissions of completed or very near completion book-length projects that display critical and rigorous engagement in the field of digital rhetoric. For information...Digital Rhetoric CollaborativeGayle Morris Sweetland Center for WritingAnn Arbor, MI 48109United States
- Thursday, October 22 | 1 PM to 2 PM | http://bit.ly/FuturesED-live | #fight4edu Details WHERE: The Graduate Center, 365 Fifth Avenue ROOM: 9205 WHEN: Thursday, October 22, 1:00 PM-2:00 PM CONTACT INFO: futuresinitiative [at] gc.cuny.edu; (212) 817-7201 RSVP NOW HASHTAG: #fight4edu Learn more about...The Graduate Center at CUNY365 5th Avenue, Room 9205New York, NY 10016United States
- March 17-20, 2016 The Boston Park Plaza Hotel and Towers Boston, MA In keeping with the Eastern Sociological Society’s theme of “My Day Job: Politics and Pedagogy in Academia,” the Digital Sociology Mini-Conference will address the many ways digital technologies are changing ways of knowing and...The Boston Park Plaza Hotel and TowersBoston, MAUnited States
- Proposals are now being accepted for presentations at the Digital Humanities Summer Institute Colloquium, to be held in June 2016 at the University of Victoria. Open to all DHSI attendees, the DHSI Colloquium offers an opportunity to present research and projects within an engaging, collegial...University of VictoriaVictoria, BCCanada
- The American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) is pleased to announce a new program promoting digital scholarship in the humanities. ACLS Digital Extension Grants , made possible by the generous assistance of The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, will support teams of scholars as they enhance existing...
- R is a statistical package used by many digital textual analysts to explore aspects of styelometry. Here at IU, we have an instance of the popular Rstudio running on Karst to facilitate work on large corpora. However, it is often helpful to begin work with a small test set (sometimes even a single...Indiana UniversityHazelbaker Hall (Wells Library E159)Bloomington, INUnited States
- CartoDB is a free, cloud based tool for mapping and data visualization. This workshop will take you through the steps of creating a map, including uploading and editing data, styling your map, and publishing. CartoDB can manage a myriad of data files and types, just drag-and-drop. Their library has...Indiana UniversityWells W144 (Learning Commons Classroom, SE corner)Bloomington, INUnited States
- Big data, big history, distant reading, the return of the longue durée—digital scholarship in the humanities favors large-scale and long-term approaches. Using data-driven methods, we can now explore texts and sources at previously unimaginable magnitudes, but do these experimental avenues of...Indiana UniversityWells’ Library’s Hazelbaker HallBloomington, INUnited States
- Dear colleagues, We would like to invite proposals for articles for an international blind peer-review scientific journal (Seventh Call for Papers) “Quality Issues and Insights in the 21st Century” ISSN 2029-9575 http://www.jbse.webinfo.lt/QIIC/Quality_Issues_Insights.htm http://www...K.Donelaicio 2978115 SiauliaiLithuania
- The School of Design in the College of Imaging Arts and Sciences at the Rochester Institute of Technology invites applicants to apply for a tenure track position to teach in the New Media Design program. The New Media Design program focuses on developing strong conceptual and formal visual...73 Lomb Memorial DriveRochester, NY 14623United States
- Health Humanities: Terrence Holt & Reading of "Internal Medicine" Friday, October 2, 2015 - 12:00pm - 2:00pm FHI Garage - C105, Bay 4, Smith Warehouse Please join us for the book reading and discussion of Terrence Holt's Internal Medicine: A Doctor's Stories - a powerful collection of stories...Franklin Humanities Institute, Garage (room C105), Bay 4Smith Warehouse Building, 114 S Buchanan BlvdDurham, NC 27701United States
- This event will now be livestreamed. Part 1 at http://bit.ly/1VsCaMH and part 2 at http://bit.ly/1FMHq6l . Want to know more about the digital humanities projects underway in the Humanities at Duke? Join us for an afternoon of rigorous “lightning” presentations of digital projects. Presentations...The Garage, Franklin Humanities InstituteRoom C105, Bay 4, Smith Warehouse Building, 114 S Buchanan BlvdDurham, NC 27701United States
- San Diego State University (SDSU) Library & Information Access seeks applications and nominations of dynamic, innovative, and service-oriented candidates for the position of Digital Scholarship Librarian. This is an exciting opportunity for a forward-thinking individual to envision and create a...San Diego, CAUnited States
- The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) seeks a webmaster whose primary responsibility will be maintaining and developing ADHO's content management systems. Tasks will include making necessary updates to and backups of ADHO's website; managing multilevel authorizations and potential...
- The Center for Digital Humanities (CDH) is an interdisciplinary research center in the Princeton University Library. While the global digital humanities community is constantly defining and redefining itself, the CDH embraces an inclusive understanding of DH that respects and investigates the...1 Washington RoadPrinceton, NJ 08544United States
- Blueprints A New Short Form Section of the Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy Editor: Michelle A. McSweeney The Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy is launching a new section, BluePrints, featuring innovative recipes for digital teaching and research tools that can be shared...
- HASTAC 2016: Impact, Variation, Innovation, Action hastac2016.org Nexus Lab Arizona State University Tempe, AZ May 11-15, 2016 #HASTAC16 Call for Papers due November 1, 2015 HASTAC's 2016 conference seeks proposals for papers and presentations that emphasize work in digital, environmental, and...
Spelman College (GA) Tenured Faculty Position in Rhetoric/Composition (Director of the Writing Program)The Spelman College English Department invites applications for a tenured position at the rank of Associate Professor with a concentration in Rhetoric/Composition to direct the Comprehensive Writing Program, beginning August 2016, job code TF0700. Candidates should be able to teach in the general...Atlanta, GAUnited States
- Portfolio Manager, Hive NYC Learning Network Mozilla Foundation Job purpose Since 2009, Mozilla 's Hive NYC Learning Network (Hive NYC) has worked to empower educators to teach the essential digital media and web literacies necessary for young people to discover and shape their world. As a network...New York, NYUnited States