ePIC 2012 - 10th ePortfolio and Identity Conference
After Boston in 2011, London welcomes the ePortfolio World Summit in 2012. On the 9-10-11 of July we will celebrate the 10th anniversary of the international ePortfolio & Identity Conference. Since 2003 we have established a solid track record as a leading forum for connecting practitioners, researchers, technologists and policy makers in exploring ePortfolio and Identity practices and technologies. The conference is appreciated for its ability to explore current issues while leading the path towards possible futures.
Should everybody have an ePortfolio? How do ePortfolios contribute to the identity construction process? How do ePortfolios support the acquisition of 21st century skills? How do ePortfolios support lifelong learning, orientation and employability? How can we make ePortfolios fully interoperable? To find the answers to these questions, and more, join us at ePIC 2012, the 10th ePortfolio and Identity Conference, 9-10-11 July 2012, at the IET, Savoy Place, London.
The worldwide emergence of ePortfolios is an indicator of the need to review our approach to education and lifelong learning, at the same time demonstrating that it is possible to make learning and assessment more authentic and integrated. ePortfolios are at the source of a new generation of tools dedicated to valuing and celebrating the achievements of the individual, from nursery school to lifelong and life-wide learning. It is also a technology reinforcing the link between individual, organisational and community learning.
Over the last ten years, considerable effort has been invested in the development of ePortfolio technologies and practice. To further developments in this field, the main goal of the 10th international ePortfolio and Identity Conference is to offer a forum where researchers and practitioners can discuss theoretical aspects, open issues, and innovative approaches and share the latest advances in the state of the art and practices in:
- development of lifelong learner / professional / citizen identity;
- individual / community ePortfolios and identities;
- recognition of informal, lifelong and life-wide learning;
- accreditation of prior experience and learning (APEL), curriculum design and assessment;
- integrative learning and holistic development;
- continuing professional development and sustainable employability;
- development of distributed ‘communities of practice’, community and organisational development.
Important dates for the Call for Contributions
5 March 2012 – Deadline for the submission of abstracts (start of abstracts' review)
- 26 March – Notification of acceptance of abstracts; authors are invited to register as presenter / co-presenter.
- 23 April – Author registration deadline (to be included in the conference programme)
7 May 2012 – Deadline for the submission of long/short papers (start of full submissions' review)
- 9-10-11 July – Conference
- 30 July – Publication of a draft of the proceedings
30 August 2012 – Deadline for the submission of long/ short papersfinal version
- 15 September 2012 – Publication of the proceedings
The information digest for participation in ePIC 2012
- Where? The conference takes place at the IET, a superb venue in the heart of London, on the banks of the River Thames.
- When? conference dates are 9-10-11 July 2012. The programme will be available by the end of March 2012, once the review of abstracts is over.
- How to participate? You can join the conference as a presenter or delegate by paying the appropriate conference fee. Registration details, including fees, are available here. Note that there is an early bird discount when registering before 15 May 2012.
- How to submit a contribution? Details of the call for contributions are available here.
- Where to stay? Delegates and speakers have to take care of their own accommodation (see suggestions).
- Exhibition and sponsorship opportunities: details for exhibition and sponsoring are available here.