The Associated Colleges of the South (ACS) seeks a Director of Faculty Programs. ACS is a consortium of sixteen nationally recognized liberal arts institutions. The Faculty programs support our members’ faculty in the areas of Blended Learning, Interdisciplinary Study, Learning Based Pedagogy, Undergraduate Research and Engaged Learning. For more information about ACS and its programs, please visit http://www.colleges.org.
The director’s duties include managing multiple grant initiatives, designing and promoting programmatic initiatives for a wide range of constituents at member institutions, contributing to consortial communications, and articulating and evaluating the aims of the consortial programs to multiple audiences. More specifically, the director will:
· Manage the Blended Learning programs, stimulating the consortium to take advantage of opportunities
· Orchestrate all related Faculty Advancement program opportunities available to our member institutions
· Collaborate with individual faculty and staff in developing specific educational projects —providing encouragement, advice and support
· Collaborate with technology staff on member campuses who provide support for academic and operational functions
· Research and communicate developments in online learning at member institutions and seek opportunities to increase the impact of these projects through inter-institutional collaboration
· Actively engage faculty and staff in thorough and on-going assessments of all faculty projects
· Help oversee financial aspects of these initiatives
· Work in concert with other ACS staff in creating and implementing a strategic plan for ACS
· Lend support to and participate in all ACS programs and initiatives
The consortium seeks a director who can bring to this effort the energy, creativity, expertise and skills that these programs require. Ph.D. or terminal degree, with some experience as a faculty member in higher education, is strongly preferred.
Additional qualifications include:
· Outstanding communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and organization; capacity to facilitate communication between ACS office and member campuses
· Creativity, flexibility, conscientiousness and a high degree of motivation to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment; ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities
· Experience with on-line course development
· Experience in planning and overseeing academic programming, with the interest andability to stimulate faculty to create productive blends of in-person and online instruction
· Experience working with groups of faculty and collaborating institutions
The director will be asked to travel somewhat frequently to member campuses and will report to the President of ACS.
Compensation will depend on the relevant experience of the selected candidate.
Deadline and Application Process
Position is now open and will remain open until filled. To apply, send a letter of interest and a resume to Jesse Lexow, Jesse@Colleges.org(404) 636-9533 xt. 12.