COMPUTER RESEARCH SPECIALIST
The Center for Humanities and Digital Research (CHDR, http://chdr.cah.ucf.edu/ ) in the College of Arts & Humanities at the University of Central Florida (UCF) invites applications for a Computer Research Specialist in Digital Humanities to begin in fall 2015. This person is responsible for, or will assist with, supporting the current CHDR digital infra-structure along with various CHDR initiatives, including the conceptualization, design, and implementation of faculty digital humanities (DH) projects; the submission of federal and other grants to support new research; the development of DH skills workshops for faculty and students; and, as needed, the support of undergrad and graduate student projects. The successful candidate will also be expected to communicate effectively with other technical staff, and will work on digital collaboration between the humanities and other disciplines. The position is pending budgetary approval.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of directly related professional work experience.
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a relevant area (e.g., computer science, humanities computing, digital humanities, or a humanities or arts discipline).
• Three or more years' experience with digital humanities project development.
• Familiarity with both technical and humanities aspects of the digital humanities.
• Experience applying for and working on external grant-based research.
• Demonstrated ability to initiate collaboration and provide ongoing support to faculty, students, and other technical staff on DH projects.
• Demonstrated experience creating interactive websites using open-source content-management or archival systems (e.g., WordPress, Omeka, XTF).
• Demonstrated experience with tools in some sub-areas of the digital humanities (e.g., content management, GIS, text analysis, visualization).
• Demonstrated experience with server-side languages (e.g., PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, SQL).
• Familiarity with serious games design work and/or instructional design.
• Experience in developing and conducting DH skills workshops.
Applicants must apply online at https://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/42414 and submit a cover letter detailing their suitability for the position and the goals of CHDR; a current résumé or CV; and the names, titles, email addresses, and phone numbers for two references who have served as the applicant's supervisor. For more information please contact the search committee chair, Dr. Bruce Janz, at email@example.com.
NOTE: Applicants are advised to have all documents ready when applying online so they can be uploaded at that time. Once the online application is submitted, the system does not allow applicants to upload or submit additional documents at a later date.
UCF is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or national origin. As a public Florida university, UCF makes application materials and search documents publicly available upon request.