Presented by NEDCC
August 3-5, 2015
Raleigh Convention Center, Raleigh, NC
Guided by a faculty of national experts, join colleagues from institutions large and small for 2 ½ days of instruction on best practices and practical strategies for the creation, curation, and use of digital collections. Network with colleagues who have similar challenges, interact with faculty one-on-one, and gain a comprehensive overview of creating and caring for digital collections. Topics include assessing risks, rights and responsibilities, project planning, selection, metadata, storage, working with born-digital collections, and more.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Are you new to managing digital collections? Need a refresher? Or are you well into a digital project and want to confirm you are on the right track?
Administrators and staff from libraries, archives, museums, and historical organizations are welcome - anyone eager to learn about the basics of digitization. Student rates are available.
PAST PARTICIPANTS comment on the benefits of attending Digital Directions:
- “This was truly a ‘Digitization 101’ for me. I am so glad I attended! I can use the information to be more confident when making a presentation to the library directors and colleagues. Thank you!”
- “Very useful that the presentations work for participants in the "real world" where resources and time are limiting. I work within a limited horizon - you hit the sweet spot of needs / practical options.”
- “Most valuable for me: Making connections with colleagues doing similar work; learning about recently developed standards, best practices, and recommendations; learning about digital project tools (especially application-agnostic general purpose tools), and hearing about case studies, especially lessons learned.”
SIGN UP for the optional Lunchtime Discussion Groups with faculty. Ask your questions in a small group setting. Register early, lunch seats are limited!
COST FOR ATTENDANCE
- Early-Bird Registration: $485 USD (through April 14, 2015)
- Regular Registration: $525 USD
- Student Registration: $350 USD (Copy of current student ID required)
Presented by NEDCC