Call for Papers
Social Media, Digital Network and Globalization: 2012 China New Media Communication Association Annual Conference, Macao International Conference
Macao SAR, China
Dec 6 - 8, 2012
2012 China New Media Communication Association Annual Conference, Macao International Conference, co-organized by the Department of Communication, University of Macao and China New Media Communication Association (CNMCA) will be held in Macao, a charming enclave of Eastern and Western cultures. We sincerely invite colleagues from all parts of the world to come to Macao, and share with us your ideas about communication and social media.
Accompanied by the development of high technology and the formation of knowledge economy, digital network technology has given rise to social media, which leads to a great transformation of our pattern of communication, mode of production, style of life and even way of thinking. A digital network society has emerged on the horizon.
Digital social networks speed up the globalization and exert great influence on social life and production around the world. Internet-based virtual spaces have become an indispensable communication environment for further globalization.
Against the backdrop of globalizationsome crucial issues arise. How does digital network technology reconstruct global society How do new media influence our concept of time and space, our daily lives and the environment around us How do social media enhance citizens participation and influence group actions Where is global communication technology heading for in the future
CNMCA is the only national academic organization in China specialized in computer-mediated communication studies. Starting in 2004, its annual conference was held in various cities in Greater China including Beijing, Nanjing, Wuhan, Guangzhou and Hong Kong. It has become the top academic convention in China on new media communication studies.
The Organizing Committee of the conference is now calling for papers from both Chinese and international scholars, media professionals and graduate students. The conference offers Best Student Paper Awards to papers contributed by graduate students of CNMCA members. The winners of the Best Student Paper Awards will receive travel subsidies to come to Macao for the conference.
The central theme of the conference: Social Media, Digital Network and Globalization.
Related issues include, but are not limited to:
- Development of new media and social media
- New media and cultural and creative industries
- New media and civil society
- New media, culture and globalization (including intercultural communication)
- Advertising and brand communication in relation to new media
- New media and transformation of traditional media
- Other related topics
- Department of Communication, Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, University of Macao
- China New Media Communication Association
- Co-organizer: Macao Association for Internet Research (MAIR)
- Other sponsors: ERS e-Research Lab and major new media companies in China and Macao (TBD)
Dates and Venue
December 6-8, 2012
Conference Venue: University of Macau
Chinese and English. The conference will be held in parallel sessions of Chinese and English. It will establish special forums and a round table discussion in English and Chinese to encourage a cross-cultural dialogue and debate for scholars at home and abroad.
- The paper submitted must be original and unpublished work, which has not been submitted for publication elsewhere.
- The paper should be presented with clear arguments, refined text, reliable data, clear charts and normative format.
- The paper should be limited to 5000~10000 words with an abstract of 300-400 words.
- The paper should bear the authors name, position, organization, mailing address, email address, contact numbers.
- All papers should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All papers submitted, no matter accepted or not by the Conference, will not be returned.
- All papers will be reviewed by a review committee under the Conference Organizing Committee.
- In addition to the conference proceedings, a selection of best papers may be published as a special issue in a possible collaboration with an international journal in media and communication technology.
Abstracts & final papers should be submitted via e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
Abstract submission deadline: July 15, 2012;
Abstract acceptance notice: July 31, 2012;
Final paper submission deadline: September 20, 2012;
Full paper acceptance notice: September 30, 2012.
Scholars RMB600mainland China US$150Overseas
Students RMB200mainland China US$50Overseas