The 2013 conference theme, Revolutionizing Learning to Enhance Student Success, focuses on the core mission of the CRLA organization while providing ample opportunity to explore topics that might inspire research that strengthens our mission. Prolific teacher and author Mina Shaughnessy said, “to do things for students that they can do themselves is not generosity, but impatience.” This revolutionary idea of empowering students to be the authors of their own knowledge inspires a different kind of learning, one that provides students with strategies that encourage and support life long learning, and it is this mission that should guide proposals. It is with this spirit of revolution and student-centered learning that we encourage conference presenters to demonstrate ways in which they have fostered change: change in pedagogy, change in administration, change in research, change in teaching and learning strategies, and change in professional development.
CRLA has always been on the cutting edge of pedagogy; the organization inspires education professionals to create and sustain opportunities for students to enact effective learning strategies, and in so doing, to revolutionize the process of learning for students, teachers, and practitioners.
Ideas for proposals:
· What revolutionary concepts, ideas, research, theory, or technologies have helped you address student success?
· How can we, as educators, be revolutionaries?
· What are some revolutionary ways of serving an expanding diversity of students?
· What are we doing, or should be doing, to build creativity in our profession?
· How can we build collaborations across institutions to revolutionize the discipline?
· February 1, 2013 First date that proposals for the 2013 conference program may be submitted online
· April 1, 2013 Proposals for the 2013 conference program must be submitted electronically by 11:59pm CST
· June 3, 2013 Notification of all proposal review decisions will be sent out via email, but only to the person who submitted the proposal electronically. This person must notify all other individuals listed as presenters.
· August 1, 2013 All presenters need to be registered
We look forward to receiving your proposal submission. Your participation can make this 2013 CRLA Annual Conference a truly important and exciting event.
Do feel free to share this information with your colleagues and electronic distribution networks. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Conference Chair, Diana Calhoun Bell, at firstname.lastname@example.org