CALL FOR CHAPTERS
Library Go: Augmented Reality in Libraries
Upcoming LITA Title (2017)
Edited by Christine Elliott, Marie Rose, and Jolanda-Pieta van Arnhem
Proposal Deadline: January 31, 2017
Chapter Deadline: February 17, 2017
Proposal Submission Form: https://goo.gl/forms/tlAC1fFaaStbp63b2
Many libraries face the problem of wanting to integrate new technologies into their services, but lack the information to help them get started. With the widespread use and popularity of Pokemon Go, and devices like the Oculus Rift, augmented and virtual reality are fantastic technological concepts that libraries can easily use for enhancing existing services.
Chapters are being accepted on real-life applications of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) in academic and public libraries that show librarians how they can easily augment materials, displays, lesson plans, and more to incorporate a new level of interactivity to existing services and activities.
LOOKING FOR CHAPTERS RELATED TO:
- Virtual Reality and/or Augmented Reality Usage Theory
- Assessment of VR and/or AR programs or tools
- Case studies of VR and/or AR integration within libraries
- The Future of VR and/or AR in libraries
This LITA guide aims to provide librarians with and without AR/VR experience with the tools, knowledge and real world examples to incorporate a new level of interactivity into existing Library services and activities.
The book is currently drafted to be divided into the following chapters, if you would like to propose a topic not identified, please feel free to contact us at LITAlibraryAR@gmail.com.
Chapter 1: About AR and VR
- History of AR & It’s Uses
- Differences & Similarities ****Chapters Needed
- Theory ****Chapters Needed
Chapter 2: Library Case Studies
- Research/Lit Reviews
- Learning Materials & Curriculums
- Patron Interaction
Chapter 3: Assessing AR/VR ****Chapters Needed
- Assessment efforts ****Chapters Needed
- How to assess ****Chapters Needed
The Future of AR and VR in Libraries ****Chapters Needed
Submission Process: Authors interested in submitting chapters should complete this form https://goo.gl/forms/tlAC1fFaaStbp63b2 on or before January 31, 2017.
- Proposed chapter title
- 150-300 words
- Author(s) name, professional title, & contact information
- Short 100 word bio for author(s)
- Please send questions, or inquiries to LITAlibraryAR@gmail.com.
- 2500-5000 words
- Submit chapters in Microsoft Word format
- Use Times New Roman 12-point font
- Double-space entire chapter
- Do not insert hyperlinks
- Do not import figures or other artwork into your document; use placement callouts instead (e.g., <Insert Figure 1.1>).
- Use the latest Chicago citation style for any references used If submitting supplemental images (screenshots, graphs, etc.):
- Minimum image resolution: 300 dpi (at least 1500 pixels)
- Maximum image size: 7.5 inches wide x 9.5 inches high
Christine Elliott, MLIS, The Citadel
Marie Rose, MLIS, The Citadel
Jolanda-Pieta van Arnhem, MFA, MLIS, The College of Charleston