The Journal of Digital Culture and Electronic Scholarship welcomes submissions of scholarly articles between 5,000 – 8,000 words in length. Well researched and appropriately referenced positional papers will also be considered. Shorter 2,000 – 4000 word articles with a focus on methodologies, experimentation, development, digital project description or review, as well as other more technical subject matters, are eligible for consideration. Submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Articles should be relevant to the humanities, arts and social sciences.
Topics of interest to this journal include, but are not limited to:
- Digital Humanities / Humanities Computing
- Digital Arts
- Social Computing
- Media Studies
- New and Interactive Media
- Digital Histories / History and Computing
- Electronic Textual Analysis
- Computational Linguistics and Stylistics
- Electronic Resources and Publishing
- Computational, Humanistic and Social Theory
- Applied Psychology and Cyberpsychology
- Humanist Computer Applications
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Modelling and Data Analysis
- Game Studies and Web-based Communities
- Digital Archives and Databases
- Quantitative and Qualitative Methodologies
About the Journal
Welcome to the Journal of Digital Culture and Electronic Scholarship, an international peer reviewed interdisciplinary publication with a focus on technology in the humanities, arts and social sciences. It is offered in both print and electronic formats, the latter as open access. Submissions to this journal are subject to a strict blind review process, facilitated by our expert panel of reviewers, all of which are respected academics within their respective fields.