CALL FOR PAPERS CeDEM13 Conference for E-Democracy and Open Government
22-23 May 2013, Danube University Krems, Austria
22-23 May 2013 (plus pre- and post-conference events!)
The CeDEM represents a continuation and development of the E-democracy conference initiated in 2007. The Centre for E-Governance at the Danube University Krems has been organising conferences on e-democracy and public administration since 2007. The CeDEM was first presented in 2011, and in the meantime also boasts a spin-off in Asia, held for the first time in November 2012.
On the basis of the open discussion held with participants, track chairs and PC-members, the CeDEM13 will focus on e-democracy and open government in the context of human rights and freedom in a digital society. We invite individuals from academic and applied backgrounds as well as business, public authorities, NGO, NPOs and education institutions to submit their papers, reflections as well as workshop proposals to the topics addressed in the tracks below. We welcome interdisciplinary approaches to the emerging conference topics.
* E-Democracy and E-Participation
* Open Collaborative Government
* E-Policies and E-Society - Human Rights for the Internet Age
* Social and Mobile Media for Public Administration
* E-Campaigning & E-Politics
* Bottom-Up Movements
* Open Data, Transparency and Open Innovation
* Open Science and Open Access
* Freedom and Ethics in Digital Societies
New: PhD Colloquium
The CeDEM offers a PhD Colloquium in cooperation with the Danube University Krems* Platform for Political Communication and netPOL (www.netpol.at). The Doctoral Colloquium provides PhD students the opportunity to present their work and gain feedback from experts as well as meet other PhD students.
* Deadline for the submission of all papers, workshop proposals, reflections: 15 January 2013
* Notification of acceptance: 29 March 2013
* Camera-ready paper submission: 21 April 2013
* Pre-conference event: 21 May 2013
* Conference: 22-23 May 2013
* Open space, extended workshops, PhD colloquium: 24-25 May 2013
The conference proceedings will be published with the Edition Danube University; in addition, the complete proceedings are fully accessible online.
Authors of the best peer-reviewed papers will be asked to re-submit their revised and extended papers for the autumn issue of the Centre for E-Governance*s open access eJournal of eDemocracy and Open Government (www.jedem.org).
In addition, we would be pleased to have you in our team of reviewers. If you want to support CeDEM13 as reviewer, please fill in the following form: http://tinyurl.com/CeDEMreviewers
Conference for E-Democracy and Open Government
eJournal of eDemocracy and Open Government
Digital Government Blog
Centre for E-Government
Danube University Krems