The Center for Open Data Enterprise is seeking interns to join our team to work on a variety of domestic and international programs throughout 2016. Major project areas include the Open Data Impact Map, US Federal Open Data Roundtables, Weekly 10 Newsletter, international conferences, and other initiatives as needed.
- Research - Conducting in-depth research on the economic and social value of open data through international applications.
- Event Planning - Organizing a series of Interagency Data Roundtables and related activities that will bring together high-level government officials with representatives from the private sector, civil society, and academia.
- Communications - Contributing content for the Center’s weekly newsletter and blog and promoting the Center and its programs, and build the Center’s social media presence
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with government data or related areas of work
- Demonstrated ability to conduct qualitative research
- Excellent writing and communications skills
PREFERRED WORKING STYLE:
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team setting
- Emphasis on user experience and human centered design practices
- Commitment to detailed quality control
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
EXPECTED START DATE: Winter 2016
WHO WE ARE: The Center for Open Data Enterprise is an independent nonprofit organization based in Washington, DC. Our mission is to maximize the value of open government data by focusing on data users.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a CV and expression of interest to Laura Manley at firstname.lastname@example.org.