Don't miss the live webcast of this incredible event!
Forty years after the "War on Poverty" and twenty-five years after "A Nation at Risk," a forum is being held to advance a new paradigm for learning by harnessing the largely untapped potential of digital media. Breakthrough Learning in a Digital Age will bring together 200 of the nation’s top thought leaders in science and technology, informal and formal education, entertainment media, research, philanthropy, and policy to create and act upon a breakthrough strategy for scaling-up effective models of teaching and learning for children. The forum will showcase cutting edge research, proven and promising models to challenge decision-makers in key sectors to help "refresh and reboot" American global leadership in education. The forum is hosted by Google, Inc., in cooperation with forum founders: the Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop, Common Sense Media, and the MacArthur Foundation.
Featured speakers include:
- Sergey Brin, Co-Founder, Google, Inc.
- Geoff Canada, President and Chief Executive Office of the Harlem Children's Zone
- Barbara A. Chow, Education Program Director, The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
- Linda Darling-Hammond, Charles E. Ducommun Professor of Education, Stanford University
- Reed Hastings, Chief Executive Officer, Neflix
- Mizuko Ito, Research Scientist, University of California Irvine
- Cindy Johanson, Chief Operating Officer, The George Lucas Educational Foundation
- Martha J. Kanter, Under Secretary, United States Department of Education
- Joel I. Klein, Chancellor, New York City Department of Education
- Gary E. Knell, President and CEO, Sesame Workshop
- Marissa Mayer, Vice President, Search Products & User Experience, Google, Inc.
- Katie Salen, Executive Director, Institute of Play