Internship: Digital Environmentalism & Business Strategist
Reports to: CEO
Date: April 2016
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Bitmark Inc. is the original author and primary sponsor of the Bitmark project – a blockchain-based ownership system to convert personal data into property. We believe that the way corporations and governments are collecting and using data is as significant for privacy and human behavior on the Internet as the oversized activities of chemical manufacturing and pesticides was for the physical environment. Bitmark has coined the term “digital environmentalism” to capture our focus on a belief in clear and sustainable digital ecosystems. And we have pledged 1% of our sales to support grassroots groups working in local communities to protect our digital property rights and thwart mass surveillance.
We are looking for a qualified graduate or undergraduate student intern to join our team and help create our digital environmentalism strategy. The position will be report directly to the CEO and is based in our Taipei office.
Essential job functions:
- Conduct research and gather data to inform our digital environmentalism strategy, including literature reviews and existing industry outreach activities.
- Lead discussions with CEO and directors to formulate a cohesive and attainable digital environmentalism strategy.
- Clearly document research findings and strategy for development into corporate branding materials and community outreach activities.
- Collaborate with our team to prepare documents, presentations, and web content to communicate our vision to a general audience.
Profiles that are important to us:
- Enthusiasm for social entrepreneurship, civil liberties, and technology.
- University-level studies in Environmental Studies, Marketing, Information Sciences, Computer Science, Business, or comparable expertise.
- Ability to take ownership of a project and work independently.
- Excellent speaking, writing, and visual communication skills across broad and diverse audiences.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and social media.
- Excellent research, organization, and planning skills.
This is a paid internship at Bitmark Inc., the duration of which will depend on the student’s school calendar. Bitmark Inc. will also provide financial support for summer housing and temporary relocation to the Taipei area.
How to apply:
Email your résumé with cover letter to: email@example.com.