- Ph.D in History or historically based interdisciplinary degrees (i.e. American Studies, Ethnic Studies, Gender Studies, Humanities, etc) by August 2019.
- Ability to contribute to the BA and MA courses on Digital History and/or Public History/Applied History
- Areas of Specialization: Fields covering pre-Colonial Americas through antebellum US and the Civil War through the Progressive era
- Ability to teach history courses on pre-Twentieth Century America as well as lower division survey courses, upper division majors courses, historical methods and writing, upper general education courses, and graduate courses
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to teaching
- Demonstrated and active research agenda
- Willingness to contribute to university service
- Ph.D. in History or historically based interdisciplinary degrees (i.e. American Studies, Ethnic Studies, Gender Studies, Humanities, etc..) by August 2019
- Demonstrated experience in teaching Digital History and/or Public History/Applied History
- Evidence of ongoing and/or completed Digital History and/or Public History/Applied History projects
- Experience in teaching women’s and gender history
- Demonstrated intercultural competence with diverse groups in teaching, research, and/or service
APPLICATION: All applications must include:
- Cover letter that address the above minimum and desired/preferred qualifications.
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Writing sample
- A Teaching portfolio that includes a statement of Teaching Interests and Philosophy, curriculum samples, and evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Evidence of Digital History and/or Public/Applied History Expertise
- A completed Faculty Application
- Applicant Survey 1819
Submit application materials and direct any inquiries to: HistoryTT1819@csusm.edu
A review of applications will begin on January 7, 2018; however, the position will be open until filled.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
This position is subject to employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. An offer of appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, including a criminal records check, and may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information.
CSUSM has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPISI) and was recently named one of the top 32 Colleges most friendly to junior faculty by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Visit Faculty Opportunities for more information.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.