The English Department at Dakota State University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of English specializing in Digital Media Design and Digital Humanities. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to teach courses in our English for New Media degree program and some area of specialization in the digital humanities. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in recruiting and outreach and have a strong background and interest in teaching general education courses in writing and composition. The teaching load is four courses per semester including first-year composition courses and new and existing courses in both our undergraduate English for New Media program and the Digital Humanities graduate certificate program and other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in English, rhetoric, or related field (ABDs may apply but degree to be in hand by Aug 2018.)
- Evidence of teaching or ability to teach courses in Digital Humanities, Digital Media Design, and English
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and an increasingly diverse student body in a small college setting
- Commitment to leading the Department’s outreach and recruitment efforts through campus visit days, public engagement events, and outreach activities
- Active scholarly agenda
- Innovative course design and delivery in face to face, online and hybrid environments
- History of promoting and facilitating undergraduate scholarship
- Demonstrated commitment to student success and academic advising
Review of applications will begin immediately and applications received by January 19, 2018, will receive full consideration. To apply, please complete the online application at https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu and attach the following documents:
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Letters of application should be addressed to Dr. Stacey Berry and include an explanation of qualifications and approach to teaching Digital Media Design and Digital Humanities as well as a statement of philosophy and experience, current research interests, and ways the applicant’s teaching, scholarship, and service will support the goals of the department.
- Names and contact information for three references
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
Dakota State University’s total undergraduate enrollment exceeds 2,800 students, with approximately 500 students majoring in degrees offered by the College of Arts and Sciences. Among other programs, the college offers majors in English for New Media, English Education and is in the process of developing a graduate level program in Digital Humanities.
DSU is accredited through the AQIP process of Higher Learning Commission and, to support its institutional accreditation, the university emphasizes continuous quality improvement in its institutional decision-making process. DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota, 50 miles northwest of Sioux Falls in the southern lakes region of the state.
Dakota State University is committed to recruitment, hiring and retention of minorities. We urge individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-verify, EOE.
For more information about Dakota State University visit our website at http://www.dsu.edu.