The Ascend Teaching Fellowship allows you to start your career in an intellectually stimulating, collegial environment at a high-performing charter network in Brooklyn, while also earning a master's degree over the course of two years.
Submit your application ASAP to be considered for the November 8 group interview. Visit our fellowship page for more details.
The Teaching Fellow will engage in various activities to build understandings and skills in teaching. In their first year, teaching fellows will be responsible for
- Actively participating in grade-level meetings, collaborative planning, and professional development, including an annual summer institute to build their teaching skill
- Working closely with and assisting a seasoned teacher to learn about pedagogical practices in the classroom
In their second year, they will accept a full-time teaching position and will be responsible for
- Utilizing formal and informal assessment data to drive instruction and ensure student mastery of standards
- Building a warm and inclusive classroom environment, implementing the practices of Responsive Classroom
Staff and reporting relationships
The Teaching Fellow reports to the school director. He or she also accepts direction from, and works closely with, the mentor teacher, dean of instruction, and dean of students.
- Bachelor's degree required by July 1, 2018; degree in pedagogical subject such as math or literature a plus
- Cumulate undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Diversity at Ascend
Ascend is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating students.
Ascend offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.