In response to feedback about the CFP deadline, and to assist those who need a bit more time, we have extended the submission deadline to Monday, April 17th. This allows two more weekends to get proposals submitted.
Extended Submission Deadline: April 17, 2017
Join us! HASTAC 2017 is still accepting proposals.
For the full call for proposals, submission instructions, and additional conference information, please visit hastac2017.org.
On November 3-4, 2017 [CORRECTED DATES!], we invite you to join us at the University of Central Florida to explore “The Possible Worlds of Digital Humanities.” This year, we hope to address the unsolved hard problems and explore the new opportunities of the digital humanities, including
- challenges of monolingualism within the digital humanities;
- indigenous culture, decolonial and post-colonial theory and technology;
- technology and education–open learning, peer learning, and issues of access, equity for primary and/or higher education;
- communication of knowledge, publishing, and intellectual property;
- digital cultural heritage and hegemony;
- interdisciplinary goals and conversations in digital humanities;
- digital humanities and gender, race, and other identities;
- simulation, modeling, and visualization;
- games and gaming, including for learning; and
- community development, including the importance of art and culture districts.
- PLUS project demos, digital and/or poster sessions, and a curated media arts show exhibition.
We welcome applications from scholars at all stages of their careers from all disciplines and fields, from private sector companies and public sector organizations, from artists and public intellectuals.