You are invited to attend Cross-Disciplinary Investigations in Imaging and Image Analyses Workshop: An NSF-Sponsored Workshop in Information Integration and Informatics. The Workshop will bring together multi-disciplinary stakeholders in the burgeoning field of imaging and image analysis to offer a unique opportunity for cross-collaboration and information-exchange by using computational inquiries to bridge humanities, arts, and social science research. Held at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications in Urbana, Illinois on April 1 and 2, the workshop is hosted by the Institute for Computing in Humanities, Arts, and Social Science, the National Center for Supercomputing Applications, the University of Illinois, and the Center for Digital Humanities at the University of South Carolina. It is funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation, NSF award number IIS-1043036.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Peter Bajcsy, National Center for Supercomputing Applications
- Karen Cariani, WBGH Television
- David Eger, Google Books
- Chatham Ewing, University of Illinois
- Kim Fisher, Wildlife Conservation Society
- David Forsyth, University of Illinois
- Kevin Hamilton, University of Illinois
- Anne D. Hedeman, University of Illinois
- Chris Johanson, University of California, Los Angeles
- Eamonn Keogh, University of California, Riverside
- M. Simon Levin, the Surrey Art Gallery’s Tech Lab California
- Kalev Leetaru, University of Illinois
- Joy Malinar, University of Illinois
- Robert Markley, University of Illinois
- Michael Meredith, University of Sheffield
- Wayne Pitard, University of Illinois
- David Rumsey, President of Cartography Associates
- Lisa Snyder, University of California, Los Angeles
Cross-Disciplinary Investigations in Imaging and Image Analyses Workshop is free and open to the public. Registration for the Workshop entitles attendees to join conference organizers and speakers at a hosted lunch each day in addition to all conference materials. For further information, including the full agenda and to register, please visit http://www.ichass.illinois.edu/imaging/.
This version corrects link to conference website. Many apologies for the initial error.
* * *
Founded in 2004 at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, I-CHASS charts new ground in high-performance computing and the humanities, arts, and social sciences by creating both learning environments and spaces for digital discovery. I-CHASS presents path-breaking research, computational resources, collaborative tools, and educational programming to showcase the future of the humanities, arts, and social sciences.
For more information on I-CHASS, please visit: http://www.ichass.illinois.edu