Conference: "On the Same Page: Digital Approaches to Hebrew Manuscripts"
Date: Monday 18th - Tuesday 19th May 2015
Venue: King's College London, Strand
Organised by: Departments of Digital Humanities and Theology & Religious Studies
Co-sponsor: Centre for Late Antique & Medieval studies, King's College London
We are delighted to announce the Call for Papers for "On the Same Page: Digital Approaches to Hebrew Manuscripts". This two-day conference will explore the potential for the computer-assisted study of Hebrew manuscripts, present developments in the field and share methodologies. Of course, for any of that to happen, we need some papers, so please see below for details of how to submit a proposal.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Malachi Beit-Arié (The Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
- Edna Engel (Hebrew Palaeography Project)
- Marc Michael Epstein (Vassar College)
- Colette Sirat (Institut de Recherche et d'Histoire des Textes)
- Lior Wolf (Tel Aviv University)
How to propose a paper
Papers of 20 minutes in length are invited on any aspect of digital approaches to the study of (medieval) Hebrew manuscripts.
Below are some possible topics, but please don't feel limited to these:
- the practical and theoretical consequences of the use of digital images
- visualisation of manuscript evidence and data
- examples of research into Hebrew manuscripts that would benefit from a Digital Humanities approach
- computer-assisted study of iconography
- is our increasing reliance upon digital surrogates changing our research methodologies and practices?
- reports from projects that make use of digitised images
To propose a paper, please email a brief abstract (250 words max.) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the receipt of submissions is close of play on Friday 27th February 2015. Notice of acceptance will be sent as soon after that date as possible.
Very much looking forward to hearing from you,
Stewart Brookes and Debora Matos
Dr Stewart J Brookes
Department of Digital Humanities
King's College London
Room 210, 2nd Floor
26-29 Drury Lane
London, WC2B 5RL