This is the page that outlines the privacy standards to which the HASTAC website holds. Also refer to the Legal Agreement.
NOTICE: Click here to search for important information about safe surfing from the Federal Trade Commission.
- This policy covers how HASTAC treats personal information that HASTAC collects and receives, including information related to your past use of HASTAC products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, affiliations, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of Institutions, Organizations or Centers that are affiliated with HASTAC, to individual HASTAC members, or to people that HASTAC does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- HASTAC collects personal information when you register with HASTAC, when you use HASTAC services, and when you visit HASTAC pages or the pages of certain HASTAC affiliates. HASTAC may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from affiliates.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, zip code, affiliation, and C.V.. Once you register with HASTAC and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- HASTAC automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, HASTAC cookie information, and the page you request.
- HASTAC uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the content you see, fulfill your requests for services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for HASTAC.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- HASTAC does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated Institutions, Organizations or Centers.
- HASTAC may set and access HASTAC cookies on your computer.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your HASTAC Account Information at any time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the HASTAC service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the HASTAC Newsletter, that are considered part of your HASTAC account, but always will offer you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- You can cancel your HASTAC account by visiting your Account/Profile page, choosing "Edit," then selecting "Cancel Account" at the bottom of the page.
- HASTAC may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your HASTAC account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.