The mission of this group is to:
- Call attention to the rich research in the Cognitive Sciences that is relevant to the teaching and learning of composition
- Enrich Composition Studies' understanding of cognitive aspects of composition
- Provide access to research methods and practices for studying cognitive questions related to composition
- Support and enable research into the cognitive activities and experiences of student writer
- Encourage SIGs and other groups to gather around these topics.