Formative figures in the creation of the current Web--semantic Web, the grid, and social software--envision Web 3.0.
Session Chair: Paolo Mangiafico, Digital Projects, Duke University Libraries. Discussion Leader: Harry Halpin, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Duke University, and School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh.
A downloadable version is available on iTunes U
- Dan Connolly, Research Scientist, MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory and World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), How the W3C Process Got Its Stripes
- Pat Hayes and Margaret Warren, Senior Research Scientist, Institute for Human and Machine Cognition, Founder, CARMA (Cyber Arts, Research Music and Audio Productions), Artspeak: The Contemporary Artist meets the Semantic Web. Creating Formal Semantic Web Ontologies from the Language of Artists
- David de Roure, Head of Grid and Pervasive Computing in the School of Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton, Grid of People
- Henry Thompson, Human Communication Research Centre, University of Edinburgh and World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), The Humanities, the New Empiricism, and the World Wide Web
* This session was a round table and thus not conducive to publication in text format.