College of Professional and Continuing Studies
Instructional Technology Management (ITM) 770 - Special Topics
History and Future of Higher Education
Janaury 13 - May 2, 2014
Learners will use the Special Topics course to conduct research, write an academic paper and design and present a research summary. In this completely online course, students will work independently or in collaborative teams on critical topics in the field related to instructional technologies. Readings and milestones will offer students a chance to explore critical topics in the field that may impact the approach to their projects.
- Conduct academic research on a topic of interest in instructional technology management specifically related to the history and future of higher education.
- Evaluate and discuss the research.
- Communicate that research and its implications in an academic paper and presentation.
- Discuss key milestones and trends in the higher education landscape.
- Explain a relevant and current challenge in higher education (choose own topic).
- Identify appropriate academic literature to support recommendations.
- Use research skills to explore a current topic in higher education for the purpose of making recommendations for action.
- Summarize key findings and recommendations for a live audience of peers.
- Appreciate the intricacies and nuances involved in making recommendations based on research.
- Develop experience-based opinions about the potential effectiveness and uses of MOOCs.