Chapter 5: Changing the Paradigm for Higher Education: Pedagogy and Assessment
- Making and makerspaces
- Going from critical thinking to creative contribution
- Encouraging students to lead
- Alternative forms of assessment, such as digital badging
- Making sure we assess what we value
- Focusing on concept mastery, not testing
Please suggest your favorite HASTAC post about these topics using the comment feature at the bottom of the page.
This annotated bibliography is a first step toward organizing literature about digital badges, open badges and badge systems. This domain involves multiple streams of literature from education, learning sciences, library and information science, reputation systems, and systems design. The bibliography includes peer-reviewed and non peer-reviewed articles, blog posts, news articles, white papers, videos, wikis and FAQs. We acknowledge that digital badges are an emerging topic and we have attempted to include a full spectrum of viewpoints. In light of this, we have chosen to provide descriptive rather than evaluative annotations.