Chapter 5: Changing the Paradigm for Higher Education: Pedagogy and Assessment
This chapter focuses on innovations in pedagogy and assessment--because how you teach is what you teach, and what you count is what you value. There are many ways to innovate, in and out of the classroom. We've collected our members' ideas about how to innovate -- ranging from makerspaces, to digital badging, to flipping the classroom -- and much more.
- Making and makerspaces
- Going from critical thinking to creative contribution
- Encouraging students to lead
- Alternative forms of assessment, such as digital badging
- Making sure we assess what we value
- Focusing on concept mastery, not testing
Please suggest your favorite HASTAC post about these topics using the comment feature at the bottom of the page.
<<Back to the HASTAC Guide to the Future of Higher Education: Collected Readings Contributed by our Network Members