· Backdooring is an HTML hack that allows hackers to access computers by rewriting either:
o the .htaccess file
o the .php file
· Backdooring is a very mediocre hack but it can lead to some serious consequences.
o Installed keyloggers
o changed/stolen passwords
o compromised sites and browsers
· The code in a backdooring script checks to see if the CURL is available and if the three files retrieved from a 2nd party site are available.
· Hackers who use backdooring attempt to exploit old, obsolete software.
· To check for hacking, check your access logs and file ownerships.
· Also check by using virus or malware scans.