The National Writing Project, as part of the Educator Innovative Initiative (http://blog.nwp.org/educatorinnovator/), is kicking off a six-week Making Learning Connected MOOC starting June 15th! Making Learning Connected (#clmooc) is a collaborative, knowledge-building and sharing experience open to anyone who’s interested in making, creativity and learning. As participants design and then engage in “makes” that tap into their personal (and professional) interests, share what they’ve done with the Making Learning Connected community, learn from each others’ experiences, and reflect on their own growth, they’ll be agents in the recursive creation and re-creation of this experience known as a Massively Open Online Collaboration (MOOC). Throughout the MOOC, participants will engage with and employ Connected Learning principles as they relate to making and learning.
All are welcome to engage at whatever level and to whatever extent makes sense. Making Learning Connected includes pathways – for making, for connecting, for sharing – that allow for greater and lesser degrees of independence and guidance. Follow a linear thread through the six weeks of this MOOC or dip a toe in at one place or another, to create a unique path.
More details about #clmooc can be found here: http://blog.nwp.org/clmooc/about/
... And fully-animated FAQs here: http://blog.nwp.org/clmooc/faqs/
Making Learning Connected is open to all educators who work with youth and they really do mean ALL – mentors, facilitators, youth leaders, museum educators, librarians, teaching artists, etc. Please spread the word, help build the connections and share the fun.
Making Learning Connected will run from June 15-August 2nd and include 2-week overlapping cycles of making, learning and connecting. Here is an overview of how the weeks will unfold.*
- June 15: MOOC begins
- Monday, June 17 (ending June 23) — Make Cycle #1 begins: Make, Share, Reflect – Introductions and Getting Started
- Monday, June 24 (ending July 7) — Make Cycle #2 begins: Make, Share, Reflect (with a focus on Connected Learning design principles)
- Monday, July 1 (ending July 14) — Make Cycle #3 begins: Make, Share, Reflect (with a focus on Connected Learning thinking and learning principles)
- Monday, July 8 (ending July 21) — Make Cycle #4 begins: Make, Share, Reflect (with a focus on Connected Learning values)
- Monday, July 15 (ending July 28) — Make Cycle #5 begins: Make, Share, Reflect – Envisioning Connected Learning
- Monday, July 22 (ending August 2) — Make Cycle #6 begins: Make, Share, Reflect – Final reflections
- August 2: MOOC ends
Note: You can extend or shorten any cycle to meet your needs. Participants are encouraged to maintain a pace that works for them.
* Schedule for hangouts, webinars, and Twitter chats to come.
For questions, here's the FAQs.