I was recently asked to talk with someone who is interested in applying for my job here at HASTAC (applications are due Friday!), and as we were talking I realized there is a lot of useful information on the site for someone who wants to get a sense of HASTAC's online community. This isn't really "required" but strongly suggested. SImilarly, don't be scared off by the job requirements for this position. The only real requirements are a passion for the work and ability to learn (but a strong foundation using Drupal will really, really help).
- First of course, the job description.
- One of the key things this person will do is guide the development of our new web site. Here's the RFP that describes our vision for it.
- And for perspective, here's the RFP that led to the current site, launched in 2011.
- Our NSF EAGER grant is studying HASTAC itself, so it's great way to learn about the community.
- Supporting the winners of the Digital Media and Learning Competition is one of the key responsibilities so you definitely need to know a lot about this hub for competition winners.
- Our current site is built on Drupal Commons 1.2 (on Drupal 6.x) but has a lot of customization, so it's good to be familiar with Views, Panels, and Contexts. Our new site will run Drupal 7!