We've gotten some great responses this month to HASTAC's Usability Survey. We're going to keep the survey open for a little longer, so if you haven't filled it out, now's your chance. Let us know what parts of the site are important to you, and what needs improvement. The whole thing will take less than 5 minutes.
If you like, you can also leave us comments in the survey. Here is a selection of some of the feedback and suggestions we've heard so far:
- Would like the site itself to be more streamlined. It is cluttered and can get confusing, which makes browsing difficult and confusing.
- One thing that I think could use some revision is the user points system.
- Difficult to access non-recent blog posts by myself or others without remembering the post title for a search.
- Finding an interest group is not that easy. The navigation is messy.
- I would love if it were easier to move between blogs and groups. Sometimes I am reading a blog posted in a group and find it hard to locate how to get back to the group. It would be nice if this were clear.
- Much of the new content is redundant across the site- burying other new blog posts, etc.
- The comment layout is terrible. There have been many times I've stopped reading a given subject because the conversation becomes difficult to follow. There must be a better way to do this AND to use the screen space better.
- Searches do not necessarily turn up all relevant content.
- Would be neat to see more of what is new, or even most read, etc.
What are you waiting for? Take the survey now: https://duke.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2fnRJGmQSh8Rtul