Jana Rosinski and I are organizing a panel or roundtable on digital materiality at CCCC 2015 in Tampa. Here is the call we wrote. Let me know if you have any questions, and please share with any interested parties! We'd like to have all abstracts by May 9 (soon!) so we can prepare the proposal for a May 19 deadline.
- how might digital materiality be defined/practiced and for what purposes?
- how has materiality been defined/practiced in rhetoric and composition? does it have/what are the tensions it has in relation to digitality?
- what do theories and pedagogies of digital materiality afford/allow/make available?
- in what ways does “matter” as a physical trace or corporeality accommodate temporal and performative dimensions of writing? what are the limits of material specificity?
- what conversations are happening, or should happen, between rhet/comp and related fields (communication, media studies, digital humanities) if we are to think and practice materiality more productively and generously?
- how might the relationships between human and nonhuman agency be explored in terms of digital materiality?
- in what ways can the digital be constructed as material? or how might digitality be given dimension/texture/resistance?